COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) UPDATE
We hope this message finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. We have missed all our patients and are looking forward to seeing you again in the coming weeks. Our office is now open. Hygiene will resume on Monday June 8.
We have implemented the following safety measures as mandated by the state and in accordance with the best health practices from the American Dental Association (ADA) and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
NEW SAFETY MEASURES
- Please arrive 10-minutes early to allow for curbside check-in. You may call or text our main line (978-745-9550) to inform Jessica of your arrival.
- We will meet you at the front door where your temperature will be taken. We ask that all patients use the hand sanitizer provided at the front desk upon entering. It will also be available in other areas of the office.
- We are conducting paperless pre-visit screenings for all patients with upcoming appointments. You'll be asked the same questions upon arriving to the office.
- We have designated a roving sanitization specialist to continually clean all high-touch areas in the facility.
- We love siblings and visitors at our practice but during this time we ask that you limit extra companions during your visit. Only bring those who have an appointment so we can reduce the number of patients in the office, and limit one parent/guardian to accompany a minor.
- We have temporarily removed all magazines, flyers, brochures, displays and toys from the waiting area and operatories.
- We ask that you wear a face-covering wherever possible.
- We’ve added time between appointments to allow for sanitizing and to keep patients apart from one another to avoid high volume or density.
- You will be asked to rinse with an antimicrobial mouthwash prior to treatment.
- We are following the strictest sterilization and protective guidelines to ensure the safety of all our patients and staff members. Dr. Affara and the staff will be wearing more personal protective equipment than they have in the past in accordance with these guidelines, and we will be taking additional steps when cleaning rooms in between patients.
We look forward to seeing you soon, and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient and staff member, safe at our practice. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us at 978-745-9550 with any questions.
Dr. Nicholas Affara and staff
Family & Cosmetic Dentistry
When you visit Smile Designers in Salem, Massachusettes, your smile is our top priority. Dr. Nicholas Affara and his entire team are dedicated to providing you with personalized, high-quality dental care that you deserve.
Our Salem, Massachusettes dental practice is devoted to restoring and enhancing the natural beauty of your smile using conservative, state-of-the-art general & cosmetic dental procedures that will result in beautiful, long lasting smiles!
Dr. Nicholas Affara
"My goal is to provide the best dental care possible for you and your family in a compassionate, caring environment. Communication and long-term relationships are important to me. I want all of my patients to be informed and knowledgeable about their dental health care, from treatment plans and services to insurance coverage. I look forward to assisting you in achieving optimal oral health and a beautiful smile."
Boston University Goldman School of Dental Medicine, Doctorate in Dental Medicine Degree
University of Western Ontario, Bachelor of Science in Biology
American Dental Association
Massachusetts Dental Society
North Shore Dental Society
Meet the Team
| || |
| || |
| ||Cleanings & Prevention|
A preventive program is a cooperative effort by the patient, dentist, and dental staff to preserve the natural dentition and supporting structures by preventing the onset, progress, and recurrence of dental diseases and conditions.
In the past decade, there has been a dramatic interest in cosmetic dentistry. We all realize that having a healthy, bright, beautiful smile enhances our appearance and allows us to smile with confidence. Thanks to the advances in modern cosmetic dentistry, we are able to improve our teeth and smiles with quick, painless and surprisingly affordable treatments.
The word periodontal means “around the tooth”. Periodontal disease attacks the gums and the bone that support the teeth. Plaque is a sticky film of food debris, bacteria, and saliva. If plaque is not removed, it turns into calculus (tartar). When plaque and calculus are not removed, they begin to destroy the gums and bone. Periodontal disease is characterized by red, swollen, and bleeding gums.
It’s great news that the incidence of tooth decay has significantly diminished over the years due to the use of fluorides and an increase in patient awareness. Through improved techniques and modern technology, we are now able to offer more options for restoring a tooth back to its normal shape, appearance, and function.
Follow us on Social Media:
Dr. Nicholas Affara is a highly regarded Dentist in Salem, MA who has years of experience with helping patients including those in Salem, Peabody, Lynn, Swampscott, Marblehead and surrounding areas with their family & cosmetic dentistry needs. In addition to providing teeth whitening, dental implants, crowns, root canal therapy, periodontal treatments, he is also frequently sought after as a davinci Veneers specialist.